Basil Rubbed also called as Sweet basil is the variety that is dried for culinary use. Bush basil (O. minimum) has smaller leaves than sweet basil and is not generally dried. Sweet basil is a lush annual herb with a distinct clove and anise-like refreshing flavor.
Dried basil leaves, although lacking the fresh top-notes of fresh basil, have a more pungent taste and one that is ideal for long, slow-cooked dishes such as soups, stews, casseroles and spaghetti bolognese.
Rubbed basil leaves is an all natural herbal spice, with no additives or fillers.
Other Common Names: Sweet Basil
- Basil leaves are a great source of vitamins and minerals, most notably Vitamins K and A, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- Fresh basil leaves are considered to have valuable anti-inflammatory properties, and in addition to anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties as well.
- Alkaline minerals promote a strong skeletal structure.
- Free-radical fighting antioxidants combat aging by preserving the cells from damage.
- Iron oxygenates the blood and is essential for healthy circulation.
For for ingredients visit our store click here.
Check out amazing variety of recipe click here