Fennel seeds have a recognizable long, thing shape and are pale green or brown in color. They give a sweet licorice-like taste and scent to curries, stews, bread, desserts, and beverages. In some parts of the world, people chew plain or sugar-coated fennel seeds after a meal. Chewing fennel seeds is thought to help aid digestion and prevent gas. Fennel seeds may help prevent or reduce gas in several ways. In some parts of the world, people chew plain or sugar-coated after a meal. Chewing is thought to help aid digestion and prevent gas.
How to use
It contain higher concentrations of oils than the fennel plant. For this reason, you only need to use a teaspoon to 1 tablespoon (about 2 to 6 grams) of dried, whole fennel seeds in most recipes.
If you’re making tea with fennel seeds, you’ll only need about 1 teaspoon. To use:
- Crush or grind whole seeds just before you add them to your cooking or tea. This helps to release more of the oil and flavor.
- Add toasted seeds to dishes to give them a sweet, licorice flavor.
- Make a simple tea by crushing a spoonful of seeds and pouring hot water over them.
- Add a tablespoon of the seeds to batter for baked goods.
- You can also try a supplement. Fennel seed is available in capsule form. According to one manufacturer, the recommended dose is 3 capsules (480 milligrams) per day.
Some people use it to make a natural gripe water for older babies. This water may help relieve symptoms of gassiness or colic in infants.
Packed on premises that handle nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
For for ingredients visit our store click here.
Check out amazing variety of recipe click here
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.2 g||0%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 52 mg||2%|
|Potassium 414 mg||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber 3.1 g||12%|
|Protein 1.2 g||2%|
|Vitamin A||2%||Vitamin C||20%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||0%|
|*Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|