Red Split Lentils – Masoor Dhal
Our Red Split Lentils Masoor Dhal are rich in protein and fibre and are extremely versatile meaning they can be used in a number of ways for added nutrients to a recipe.
How to cook red lentils
Our product is easy to prepare and because these are split lentils the time is reduced by half compared to whole lentils. Simply;
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your desired amount of lentils to the pan
- Bring back to the boil
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes until soft.
- If you wish to season your lentils it is important to do so after cooking. If you add salt before or during cooking it can cause your lentils to go tough.
Ways to enjoy
Here are a few ways you can enjoy using our red split lentils:
- Vegan spaghetti Bolognese
- Lentil soup
- Red lentil Dhal
- Spicy lentil burger
- Creamy spinach, lentil and courgette curry
- Lentil and sweet potato stew
- Red lentil and spinach masala
You can buy red lentils online in small or bulk sizes depending on your needs. We deliver to most of the UK and throughout Europe with fast delivery times that are suited to you.
Red split Lentils
Packed on premises that handle nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
- Rinse the product before using it.
- Use 3 cups of water to 1 cup of dry lentils
- Bring to the boil and then cover tightly, reduce the heat and simmer until they become tender. For whole lentils cooking time is typically 20-25 minutes.
Sources include :USDA
|Amount Per 100 grams|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.4 g||0%|
|Saturated fat 0.1 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0.1 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 2 mg||0%|
|Potassium 369 mg||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20 g||6%|
|Dietary fiber 8 g||32%|
|Sugar 1.8 g|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin C||2%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||10%|
|*Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|